Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Kitchen...

So it feels like all I have time for these days is hiking and kitchen remodeling. Sorry if the rest of you feel neglected, including my loyal blog readers (like I have any). I'd say things will improve, but lets be honest, it's holiday season. Even I'm not crazy enough to promise regular anything this time of year... So yesterday morning our kitchen magically sprouted 2 massive granite outcroppings, with the help of a couple of skilled laborers. The counter surface is beautiful, and feels expansive. I'm sure once it's been covered with our stuff if won't feel so big - but for now it's enjoying it's moment in the sun (or at least in the incandescent lights).

So next is tile, paint and decorating. All fun stuff compared to plumbing, electrical and 3 months without a kitchen... Oh, and I need gas to that stove so I can COOK! It's cooking season - I'm jonesing to make some spaghetti or enchiladas or pumpkin bread or something! Ak!



ooh - pretty!
The other side - a different material
Close up of the black...

This will probably be the only time I'll be able to do this!