Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Beginning of a Great Thing


As if I don't have enough to do in life in general, I thought I'd try my hand at this blogging thing - because I often run into things that I find facinating that I want to share with my fellow human beings. These little jems of information will no doubt enrich their lives, but can be ill-received when presented between war stories over brews or between more clever anecdotes in the hot tub. Let's face it - I just can't wait around until the right moment to talk about the world's largest natural mirror or the geological forces that created Victoria Falls - it's just so unlikely that they will ever come up in conversation. Then there's all the facinating stories of travel and adventure - I never tire of telling them. Finally, there are the numerous bits of advice I've collected in my head, from the best hike in southeast Arizona to the correct way to eat a tostada. Come on, I know someone, somewhere in this crazy world is just dying to know.

With this blog, I hope that I can be witty and informative while avoiding annoying and driving away friends and family. I'm sure scores will be thankful of my efforts here.

Havasu Falls Hike, November 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Tostada is an example of very poor food engineering.

Interesting, Wikipedia says tostada came to be because people did not want to throw out stale tortillas. I get that, it is like toast, old bread, let's toast it. but then we (in the USA) try to fix it. We put butter and jam on it and try to make it into bread again. right. what is up with that? I think the mistake is we don't fry it. Do we fry old bread? I guess there is fry bread but that is different. Good, very good. I wish I had some fry bread right now. French toast is kind of fried bread but again not really. I am talking full on deep frying like a tortilla becomes a tostada. the Wa need to tell us more about this.

Now Tacos are cool you can eat them . Rolled tacos,AKA the Taquito, again very cool.

The tostada I don't like it, I don't get it.

The mirror lake is very cool.



g